Welcome to the " National Taxation Bureau of Northern Area, Ministry of Finance"(hereinafter called the NTBNA). In order to ensure your privacy, NTBNA has established a privacy statement for its website. The following will detail the policies and principles of NTBNA concerning the collection, processing, use and protection of personal information provided by visitors to this website and extended service sites. Please read it carefully.
1. Scope of Use
The following privacy statements apply when you are browsing the website of NTBNA (any page with the domain name www.ntbna.gov.tw) and extended service sites (such as www.taiwanheadlines.gov.tw). The statements concern the collection, processing, use and protection of personal information. However, said statements shall not apply to any activity you might initiate by virtue of passing to a different website as the result of a search on a NTBNA web page or by other means. The protection of your personal information while browsing other web pages depends on the individual privacy policies of the sites involved.
2. Collection of Personal Information
(1) You can browse our website or download files without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
(2) When you apply for online services, we ask for your latest information such as your name, identification number, phone number, email address, mailing address, etc.
(3) The web server will automatically collect some device-specific and non-personally identifiable information, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, connection information and page-viewed information.
(4) NTBNA will not modify or delete your personal information or files, except under the following circumstances:
a. Protect and guard the rights or ownership of others.
b. Protect the rights of NTBNA website related parties.
(1) When you apply for some specific on-line services, provision of your personal information is required. We will ask for your consent to use your personal information previously, if purpose of usage changed.
(2) We use your personal information only in accordance with our privacy statements or with your explicit consent. If the usage of your personal information does not comply with the privacy statement, we will provide means for you to reject our usage.
(3) You can always choose not to provide information, even though we may not provide certain services under this circumstance.
4. Uses of Personal Information
We will not provide personal information to other companies, organizations and individuals outside of NTBNA unless one of the following circumstances applied:
(1) to meet legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
(2) to prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities by official authorities or government organizations.
(3) to have your consent before providing any personal information.
(4) to meet any applicable laws and regulations.
(5) to use non-personally identifiable information for internal analysis and research.
(6) to provide personal information to NTBNA or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our privacy statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
(7) If NTBNA is involved in an organization restructuring, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information and notify affected users in proper ways before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to a different privacy statement.
5. Information Sharing
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or organizations. Sometimes we employ a third party to provide services on our behalf. You will receive notice on NTBNA website when information about you might share to third parties.
6. Access and Correction
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to correct it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate affairs or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. NTBNA may use different procedures to access, update or delete your personal information. If you need detailed procedures, please refer to our notice or read frequently asked questions.
7. Information Accuracy
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect NTBNA and our users. NTBNA does not use your information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this privacy statement or any other service notice before asking for your consent. NTBNA will refer to the information collection, storage and processing practices of other government agencies to ensure we only process relevant and adequate personal information. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, integrated and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
8. Information Security
We work hard to protect NTBNA website and our users from theft、alteration、breakage、disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We permit access to personal information for NTBNA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
9. Tips to protect yourself
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your personal information. If you were asked to sign in the website, be sure to sign out when finished using a computer. If you use a public or shared computer, do remember to close the browsing windows in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information or mails.
10. Providing service messages via emails
After this website obtains your consent beforehand or when you register, you may receive service messages and emails from us. The messages and emails will specify that they are sent from us. If you do not want to receive any messages or other emails, we will provide you ways to reject the messages and emails. When it’s necessary for this website to send service messages and emails with the third-party that provides services and promotion, we will provide you with detailed description of the campaign before sending mails by the third-party. You can choose to accept this service or campaign at your will.
Cookies are small data files written from browser into user's hard drive by web server in order to identify user preferences. Cookies may uniquely identify your computer but do not personally identify you. You may also set your browser to block all cookies. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
To provide better, more personalized services and make it more convenient for you participate in personalized interactive activities, Cookies will be established when you register or sign in and the status will be modified when you sign out.
12. Amendments on this Privacy Statement
Due to the environment of society, technology and regulations may change from time to time. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected. We will irregularly review privacy statement and post any changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of privacy statement changes). The lasted updated date is marked on the top page, and we archive the previous versions of the statement. You may check our website frequently to see recent changes.
13. Questions and Complaints
If you have questions about this privacy statement, other privacy management issue or how we use your personal information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org that may be able to provide you with additional assistance.